UNRCO i Bhutan søker praktikant10.mar.2016
Terms of Reference for Intern at the UN Resident Coordinator’s Office – Bhutan
The Office of the UN Resident Coordinator (UNRCO), is seeking an intern to assist in carrying out external outreach activities in Bhutan. The intern will be based in the UNRCO in Thimphu, Bhutan.
Eligible candidates must have a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of study at the time of application.
- Proficiency in English.
- Computer literacy in standard software applications.
- Knowledge of strategic communication and advocacy, journalism, web-management and social media.
- Demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, including willingness to understand and be tolerant of different opinions and views.
Duration: The internship is for a period of six months. The start date is flexible.
The intern will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Help support in-house communication staff to improve local outreach capacity.
- Ensure maximum advocacy of SDGs, in line with priorities identified by the UNCT.
- Ensure that the UNCT website for Bhutan, www.unct.org.bt, and UNCT social media are regularly updated with timely and relevant information. This includes adapting news stories and other content for a range of audiences.
- Prepare materials on a monthly basis or as needed, to be shared with the United Nations Information Centre, New Delhi, and ensure that UN Bhutan is adequately covered in UNIC publications and on the UNIC website.
- In close cooperation with the in-house communication staff, liaise with media organizations to promote UN-supported activities in Bhutan and promote other high-profile events, such as the 45th anniversary of Bhutan joining the UN, the 50th anniversary of UNDP, the 35th anniversary of WHO in Bhutan, etc.
- Help monitor media coverage of the UN activities in Bhutan, including newspapers, broadcast media and web-based media.
- Help design advocacy materials/brochures.
The Intern will not be financially remunerated, but the UNRCO will cover travel expenses to and from Bhutan. She/he may apply for a stipend from the Norwegian MFA to cover living expenses, vaccinations and insurances.
Applicants must show proof of valid medical and life/accident insurance for the duty station for which they will work. It must include adequate coverage in the event of an injury or illness during the assignment which:
- Requires transportation to the Home Country or Country of Residence for further treatment; or
- Results in death and requires preparation and return of the remains to the Home Country, or Country of Residence.
Please send applications, including CV and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8 April 2016.