Communications and Social Media Intern at UNDP’s Nordic Representation Office15.jun.2017
UNDP’s Nordic Representation Office (NRO) seeks an intern to work with social media and communication from 15 August – 29 December 2017. The internship will be based in Oslo, Norway, but will cover all of the Nordic countries and work in close collaboration with the offices in Copenhagen, Helsinki and Stockholm, as well as with the UNDP Oslo Governance Centre. The application deadline is 28 July.
UNDP’s Nordic Representation Office (NRO) works to inform partners and other key audiences in the Nordic countries about UNDP’s work and mandate, Agenda 2030 and the Sustainable Development Goals. NRO’s main office is located in Copenhagen, with additional representation in Oslo, Stockholm and Helsinki.
NRO serves as a liaison between UNDP headquarters in New York and Nordic partners. The office seeks to reach and engage stakeholders and the broader public through media coverage, public events, presentations and study tours, as well as through cooperation with a range of development partners in the Nordic countries, including civil society, research institutes, think tanks and the private sector.
The office forms part of a global network of Representation Offices, located in Brussels, Geneva, Tokyo and Washington, D.C., reporting to UNDP’s Bureau of External Relations and Advocacy (BERA) in New York.
Scope of Work
The intern will provide support to NRO’s social media outreach, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, as well as analyze the office’s performance. The intern is expected to be familiar with best practices in social media, as well as to have a basic grasp of development cooperation and the role of the United Nations. Broadly, the intern is expected to provide support in three main areas of work:
- Help build UNDP’s brand as the United Nations global development network.
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of social media outreach for NRO in all four Nordic countries.
- Analyze outreach performance and suggest strategies to improve the impact of outreach, as necessary.
- Excellent knowledge of social media management, preferably previous experience in managing social media accounts for an organization.
- Excellent English language skills and fluency in at least one Nordic language.
- Working knowledge of CQ5 and InDesign is an asset.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively in a team structure in a multicultural environment.
- Experience and knowledge of the UN system / UNDP will be considered an asset.
Terms and Conditions
The internship is unpaid, but offers unique insight into UNDP’s work, and experience from a professional, diverse and international environment.
Applicants should be enrolled in, or have recently completed, a Master’s degree in journalism, communication, international development or similar.
A normal workweek will be approximately 30 hours, preferably five days a week. The internship will run from 15 August until 29 December 2017.
Please send your cover letter, CV and other relevant documents to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Comm. Intern UNDP”. Questions and queries can also be directed to this address. The application deadline is 28 July.